Updating the Reviewer plugin is a good practice for several reasons:
- Get all the latest cool features.
- Remove possible bugs and security issues.
You can update the Reviewer plugin automatically or manually.
Before updating, please read all the release notes for the update, found in the changelog. Be sure to read the notes for every release since the last time you updated. Also, consider deactivating caching plugins temporarily to avoid the caching of old markup.
Envato offers a very useful plugin that helps customers receive updates to their premium Themes & Plugins purchased through Envato Market (ThemeForest & CodeCanyon).
Download and install the Envato Market WordPress Plugin. During the Token creation, at Permission needed section choose the following permissions:
- Download your purchased items
- List purchases you've made
- Verify purchases you've made
Congratulations! Now that you have the Envato Market plugin, you can go to Dashboard > Updates and see if there are any updates.
- Backup your blog database using a cPanel tool of your Host like PhpMyAdmin.
- If you translated the plugin, make a backup of your translation files you find at wp-content/plugins/reviewer/languages folder on your host.
- Deactivate and delete the Reviewer plugin inside the Plugins page of your admin panel; this step does not delete your reviews or plugin data ;-)
- Download the new version on your Downloads page at CodeCanyon and install reviewer.zip file you find inside the main folder.
- Activate the plugin again.
If you are upgrading from version 1.0 or 1.1, you have to install the version 2.1.1 before installing the latest release. So request the version 2.1.1 to Support Team.